Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Halloween has hit the Homestead!









My FAVORITE time of year has arrived! & boy my house shows it! I still have more to put out but I like to pace myself....as I find Halloween a joyous time!



I know most people say that about Christmas & don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas too BUT Halloween was a time of celebration for my family.....it was my Grandma's birthday!! She has left us all behind & moved on to better places but the memories of celebrating her birthday & crisp air & sweet candy all while wearing costumes...well those memories just make me really happy! So every year I revel in putting out my Halloween goodies & give a little wink to my Grandma!





Here are some of my most precious Halloween Items on the mantle. The witch reminds me of my grandma & the tall cat to the right was made by my mother as well as the pumpkin in the middle! Love what she makes!


you can check out her blog here


http://pearlavenuestudios.blogspot.com/



I just love having my spooky little pumpkins lighting up the night! & in true Halloween fashion, they get dressed up too!






This is a favorite in our house. It is an awesome sign that my mother created & let me just say, my 2 boys try to one up each other on dibs for this one when they grow up & move out!






Here is our spooky skeleton chalkboard (yes, my Mom was at it again) & he is larger than life on our front porch but I love how he looks "sitting" out there!



& here lies Marcus the carcass......every year I put him out & he just makes me smile. On Halloween night all the little trick or treater's marvel over him! of course I also put out the grim Reaper & they are kind of scared of him (he will be in an upcoming post...remember I like to pace myself) Oh & don't you just love my little grave yard...




& this little gem is a project I did a few years ago & I LOVE putting it out every Halloween......I made this flag out of gauze & tulle. I DO NOT SEW so I made this with that iron on hem stuff that you can find just about everywhere. This project couldn't be more simple & have such a wonderful effect! All It takes is an iron & some scissor skills!



Here is a night time shot.......I just love him! he just looks like he is saying BOO!



I still have some Halloween decorating to do & some new things to try & put out this year!!



So stay tuned! Oh & Happy Haunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment