Thursday, November 24, 2011

Counting my blessings

Thanksgiving is a time for counting your blessings & being reminded of all that you have been blessed with.


This Thanksgiving I am reminded to be Thankful for my Husband. We do not always see eye to eye & there are days I am sure we drive each other crazy BUT we have love & we have each other & we always work things out somehow... for this I am grateful.I am Thankful for my sons!! They bring me the biggest joy & sometimes a few extra gray hairs BUT they fill my heart with love & joy to a capacity that could just make it burst & for this I am grateful.



I am thankful for my new nephew! My Squish!! I love him like he is my own & I cant wait for all the fun times we are going to have together. I love that he will be someone that my boys can be a role model to & that he has filled their hearts with love too! For this I am grateful!








I am thankful that my baby sister is now a mother to a beautiful baby boy! I know she is & will continue to be a great Mommy & my heart is overjoyed for her. For this I am grateful!






I am thankful that my brother-in-law is an awesome Dad & that he loves my sister beyond words. He will show my nephew how to grow up to be a great man! For this I am grateful!






I am thankful for brothers!!! I have 2 awesome brothers that are great inspiration for my boys. They give my boys someone they can turn to when sometimes Mom & Dad just don't cut it & for this I am grateful!!




I am thankful for ALL my sisters who give me a fuller life without even knowing it. They make me laugh & let me express my opinions & they are there for me when I need to vent & for this I am grateful!







I am thankful for cousins because they are just as important as sisters. I am blessed to have my cousins nearby to share in the joys of my life & for this I am grateful.
I am thankful for the parents who take care of all of us. While I have separate families...they are all equally important to me in every way because without each of them I would not be the person I am today.



They have loved me even when it would have been easy to be mad instead. They have forgiven me even though it would have been easy to walk away. They have given advice even when it would have been easy to let me struggle on my own. For this I am grateful!



I am thankful for my close friends (you know who you are). You are even


more special than you know.....you CHOSE to make me a part of your life & for this I am grateful (because honestly I don't know what I would do with out you)





I am also grateful for my numerous Aunts & uncles who are a HUGE part of my life I love you all & am so Grateful that we are such a close family!





I hope you counted your blessings today & were reminded of the many reasons life is so precious.




Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

  1. you always write tear jerkers!!!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the sweetest Ode to Thanksgiving Day yet! Thanks Big Sis, We love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should work for Hallmark...that would be an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete