Monday, April 1, 2013

Little pretties for little girls


The project I am about to share with you was such a fun project to work on that I knew I just had to post about it.....
I mean how could I not . . . I live in a house with a ALL men~
Testosterone Central
So yeah. . . .this was a give in!
When I was looking for a really girly, cutsie project to make for a very awesome little girl that I just so happen to be related to. . . . {Hi Lucy!!}
I knew the minute I saw the headband holder that I was going to make one of those.....
I LOVED the idea of transforming some plain ol' object that was bound to end up in the trash into 
something special!
and really what good is a headband holder without headbands..... so off I went on this super girly adventure in frills & baubles
and YES I enjoyed every second of it & could have sat there for days just wielding my glue gun this way & that to come up with one of a kind treasures for Lil Miss Lucy ~



I think one of the things I loved about making these for her was that I used old costume jewelry that my Grandmother had given me to adorn her headbands.
I managed to turn a headband into a family heirloom . . . . 
Now Lucy can wear her Great Grandmothers jewelry & bring new life to it.
Pretty special if you ask me.
I know I am a pretty sappy gal but I mean...
c'mon just look at that green gingham with grandmas old jewel piece on it. . . I know right????

Then of course you have the headbands that you can use all those baubles you save because they were just too awesome to get rid of.....a metal rose?? yeah, totally cool!

Oh pink frilly perfection... How I wish I wasn't pushing 40 so I could wear you on my head!!! 
ahhhhh to be 5 again!
But I must say... I would probably wear the pink elephant button headband~
I just love that button AND that I was able to find the perfect home for that 1 little button!
not to mention those rhinestones... they were my Great Aunt Mary's and I know she would be thrilled to see a little girl enjoying her sparklies!
All of those fun & eclectic headband bring me to the headband holder. . . 
the start to the whole project. . . . 
my wonderful unique idea for a gift!
Now don't let this beauty fool you. . . 
It make look like this really awesome art piece to display the upper crust of girly headbands...
but I am here to confess that she is just for show....
her days as the throne of headbands was fore -shadowed by the fact that she is just too skinny to be of any use to the regal headbands. . . . 
YUP you got it . . this girl never even thought that the dang can wasn't fat enough to get the job done!
{hmmm too bad my clothes don't slide off me like those headbands slid down that can}
BUT at least the holder was pretty & at least she can put barrettes in it. . . 
or hey .... maybe it will be the prettiest crayon holder any girl has ever had....now there's a thought.

But in the end I think Lucy loved her headbands & I think she liked looking at the skinny - minnie holder despite its flaws.
So I guess there will be a lot of oatmeal being eaten around here so I can make another holder. . . Blah
maybe some cookies are in order....yeah cookies!


~Happy Creating!!



No comments:

Post a Comment